Roger Federer,No player like him,No career like him

Roger Federer,No player like him,No career like him 

                                                            Getty images

 Tennis player Roger Federer wasn't going to continue for ever. The sand was sinking quickly to the bottom of the hourglass at age 41 and having suffered one accident after another in recent years. Great champions can even retire.

The arguably greatest male tennis player of all time, Roger Federer, made his retirement announcement on Thursday. He will stop competing after the Laver Cup in London the following week. The 41-year-old mentioned his age and past ailments as obstacles.

First Serena Williams and now Roger Federer

                                                                                                         Getty images

First  Serena Williams retired from tennis  and now Roger Federer is retiring from tennis it is a big loss for tennis game.They continued to win awards and set records throughout their fourth decades, solidifying their fame. Unbelievably, they both were still alive and well in their sixth decades.


In his remarkable career, the Swiss master has triumphed in 20 Grand Slam competitions.



Federer last competed at Wimbledon in 2021, falling to Hubert Hurkacz in the fourth round. Since then, he has fought a chronic knee issue that has kept him off the floor.


Federer's statement

"The individuals I've met along the way—my friends, my rivals, and most importantly the fans who give the sport its life—have without a doubt been the greatest gifts tennis has given me over the years. In a statement, Federer stated, "I want to share some news with all of you today.

I've put a lot of effort into getting back to my best for competition. I am aware of the capabilities and limitations of my body, and lately, it has been communicating with me clearly.

Its recent message to me was very obvious. Over the course of 24 years, I have played more than 1,500 matches. I am 41 years old. Tennis has been more kind to me than I could have ever imagined, but now I have to decide whether to call it quits on my competitive career. My last ATP competition will be the Laver Cup in London the following week. 
Of course, I'll continue to play tennis in the future, just not at Grand Slam events or on the professional circuit.
My decision is bittersweet since I will miss everything the trip has taught me. However, there is also lot to rejoice, according to Federer. "I count myself among the world's luckiest individuals. I was granted a rare ability for tennis, which I used to play at a level and for a period of time that much above my expectations."
The first person to win 20 grand slams was Federer. However, no other man has played as many (429) or won as many grand slam matches as his eight Wimbledon victories (369). With 103 victories, second only to Jimmy Connors in the Open Era, and more than $130 million in winnings, he exits the sport


Federer revolutionised what it meant to be a tennis genius in the men's game during a five-year span in the early part of the century when he won 12 of the 18 major slams.

Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic, the other exceptional athletes who would eventually rise to prominence to make the previous 15 years the sport's golden age, have shattered many of the notable marks he set.

  • Federer won Wimbledon eight times.
  • Federer won his 20th and final grand slam at the 2018 Australian Open.
  • He is one of eight men to have won a career Grand Slam
  • The US Open from 2004 to 2008. Federer has spent 310 weeks as the No. 1 ranked player in the world.

Comments